Well I thought it was a WPD help desk problem but with further investigation (more than two days and four computers) I have discovered that it is a computer problem so I am hoping that someone in the forum may have come across this before and can point me in the right direction, if not this is the last thing I am going to try and will publish my site with Wordpress, although I prefer to follow the Challenge exactly.
OK enough waffle,
1. I have a membership (free Challenge one) with WPD, not a problem, I try to log in and it returns me to index page every single time. I try to send a ticket but as I can't log in this is a problem.
2. I go to the library and check out on their computer (sh... with a new membership, sorry WPD). I can log in, great.
3. At home office try to log in to new membership...I am returned to home page the same as before.
4. Play with security settings in control panel... they were set very high (I thought I had found the problem) and I lowered them to medium and restarted computer ....Still cannot log in. I am sent to index page
5. Skype a semi-techie friend, go over security ideas. No success but she can log into my membership, not a problem, and forwards me the url. OK you think I could get in with that. No it returned me to home/index page.
6. Tried copy and paste of the direct URL. no still re-directs me to index page
7. Turn on old computer and I can log in..... Only two problems it is much to slow and my MS is not on there
Does anyone have any ideas so that I can follow the Challenge exactly or do I just cave in and publish without WPD?